Workforce Readiness Development Training
Workforce Readiness Development Training (WRDT) is a trainer- or teacher-led integrated system of training and coaching designed to build and strengthen people’s soft skills as measured by the Workforce Readiness System (WRS). The training addresses the eight skill sets assessed by WRS:
Personal Qualities: Integrity, Responsibility, Self-Esteem, Self-Management, Sociability and
Customer Care: Customer Relations, Decision Making, and Commitment to Quality
Implemented by trained staff, WRDT enables participants to:
- Clearly understand both the behaviors employers seek in incumbents/applicants and why these behaviors are important;
- Experience these behaviors; and,
- Develop and strengthen these behaviors through training and, subsequently, on-the-job.
WRDT consists of two training programs: Personal Qualities Development System Overview and Customer Care Development System Overview. Click on either link for an Overview of that program, each of which is organized as follows:
- Trainer's Manual
- Structured training for each of the five Personal Qualities competency areas and three Customer Care competencies.
- Step-by-step training curriculum and support for the Trainer.Large-group, small-group, and individual learning activities.
- Directions for all activities.
- A feedback loop with employers, as appropriate.
To view a unit of the Customer Care Development System, Trainer's Manual, click here.
2. Participant Manual
- Personal Manual (text) to guide learning and experiencing desired soft skill behavior for each competency area and for journaling and note taking on key topics.
- Includes handouts for large-group, small-group, and individual learning activities.
In addition, both Systems include the following support material for Trainers and Participants:
- Reference Guide for Coaches
- Employer Survey
- Self-Assessment for Potential Trainers
- Train-The-Trainer Tools, including PowerPoints